All About Ink!
Monday October 19th to Friday October 23rd 2020
There are many different types of ink, all with their own properties and possibilities for drama, special effects and powerful, uncompromising art works. On this course we will investigate how they work and begin by making atmospheric and imaginative images in water-soluble inks such as Quink and Waterman, which respond to salt, bleach and water. Following this we will get to grips with the stunning effects of granulation fluid on permanent shellac based inks and FW inks, with the addition of watercolour, using imagination to translate these into otherworldly images or simply flower, stream, sea or beach paintings. Finally we will make a study of landscape or natural objects working with Inktense sticks and pencils along with one or 2 watercolours. It may be a step too far but if time permits we will also try out a method of printing with oil based printing ink from greaseproof paper with the addition of watercolour, a technique used by such artists as Paul Klee and Paul Nash.
Tutor:- Artist, writer and Specialist Art Teacher Janis Fry.
Janis has a lifetime’s experience of teaching Art. She is an encouraging and inspiring tutor. Able to paint and draw in any media, she is a master of mixed media whose own work is loose and expressive but also well calculated. Janis runs art holidays in Brittany each year and has taught in Paris, Venice, Amsterdam, as well as locally here in West Wales
Janis studied at
Bangor University and Swansea College of Art and is a Specialist Art Teacher. She also ran a pottery, a screen printing firm and an international painted silk gowns business, for a large part of her life.
- Arrival Monday afternoon from 4pm onwards
- Monday evening meet the group and your tutor
- Painting sessions 10 am to 1 pm and 2pm to 4.30 pm Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri morning
- Friday Afternoon leave after lunch
- 4 nights accommodation (see our seperate accommodation pages for more info)
- Continental breakfast and light buffet lunch each day served in the big hall of the main house
- Tuition during the painting sessions and access to the studio until 10pm Tues, Wed, Thurs evenings
- One person in a single room (shared bathroom) £550
- One person in a double/twin room or glamping £650
- Two people, both painting in a double/twin room or glamping £899 (£449.50 each)
- One painter with non painting partner in a double/twin room or glamping £699
- Family glamping option - up to 2 children £80 extra